The Share’ngo Ecowatch cars are all equipped with a Fastweb Wi-Fi modem featuring a double-SIM connection, a video camera and the new, mobile version of the environmental data collection device, Nuvap N1 specifically developed for this project.
The eight environmental measurements collected by the Share’ngo Ecowatch fleet are transmitted daily to the Intelligent Seed Share'ngo server as well as AMAT, in order to be compared and confronted, where possible, with the data gathered by ARPA, the environmental detection stations of Milano.
Why it’s important to monitor these parameters
The huge increase in affordable, electricity-powered household appliances in recent years, has brought a rise in the presence of electromagnetic fields in close proximity.
Certain individuals have claimed to suffer distinct symptoms due to electromagnetic exposure. Although the World Health Organisation (WHO) has not yet recognized any form of official health concern in this regard, cases of individuals suffering from such symptoms have arisen around the world.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas. However, while apparently innocuous, when absorbed in high quantities, carbon monoxide can reduce the body’s ability to absorb oxygen, thus damaging tissues. The effect is sometimes fatal, with poisoning from carbon monoxide being one of the major causes of accidental deaths.
Carbon monoxide is produced by household appliances like washing machines and fuel-combusting technologies including gas stoves, wood-fired chimneys and the like. A danger to health can arise when carbon-monoxide-producing items are enclosed in small, poorly ventilated spaces.
Fine particulate matter
Fine particulate matter, known as PM10 (a diameter inferior to 10 µm) and PM2.5, are the fine polluting particles present in the air we breathe. Particulate matter can be both organic and inorganic, either solid or liquid. Such particles can carry toxic substances including sulfates, nitrates, metals and volatile compounds on their surface. A high concentration of fine particulate matter in the air can be dangerous for public health.
Nuvap surveys air quality by analyzing the quantity of hydrogen, liquid propane gas, ammonia, ethanol and toluene in the air. Monitoring the presence of such substances in the air can inform actions that and limit their emissions and concentration in the air, with corresponding health benefits to urban residents.Nuvap surveys the air quality, analyzing the quantity of hydrogen, liquid propane gas, ammonia, ethanol and toluene in the air.
By monitoring these things it’s possible to limit the emissions and the concentration of each found in the air, with obvious corresponding health benefits.
Vehicles installed with Ecowatch technology will be able to detect traffic based on the speed and movement of the vehicle, using its geolocation. Identifying the areas of congestion in the city and the related times of day, will inform the local administration of traffic blocks. Reducing congestion has multiple benefits, ranging from economic cost-saving on time-travelled, but mainly improving quality of life and public health for urban residents, as traffic is an important cause of both noise and air pollution.
Humidity and temperature
Atmospheric humidity refers to the water vapor held in the air that has evaporated from the earth’s surface. Water vapor has an important role in the atmosphere: condensation forms clouds, fog and precipitation.
However, humidity rates above 80% can create problems for the human body in both hot and cold circumstances, causing us to perceive temperatures as being extremely high when 25-26°C are reached and a freezing when temperatures are below 3-4°C. On the other hand, if humidity is below 20%, the air can dry out internal orifices and respiratory tracts, causing inflammations, as well as difficulties breathing and producing saliva.
Noise pollution is caused by an excessive exposure to sounds and noises of high intensity, measured in decibel. The causes of noise pollution can be varied but are often attributed to industrial plants, building sites, airports and highways.
Over time, excessive noise pollution can cause hypertension and stress in individuals who are exposed, even leading to psychological issues.